Sometimes, it pays to notice the little things. Once in a great while, when you do so, the Fates will throw fewer knots in your way.
* experienced a good dream (yes, vampires were involved).
* woke up without a migraine — or the promise of a migraine — for the first time in a week.
* went downstairs and rejoiced in the fact that my youngest cat, Sera, was still alive.
* didn’t start to sweat after leaving the shower because the temperatures had begun to drop.
* tried on a new summer-y blouse and it fit.
* ate dinner at a local restaurant and everything was cooked correctly.
* enjoyed ice cream for dessert and it was simply divine.
* stopped by the local movie house and learned that the film we wanted to see was just about to start.
* watched a movie where nothing blew up, a couple fell in love and nobody died.
* returned home and was immediately covered by all the animals who missed me while I was out.
* kissed my husband good night and did some productive writing.
All in all, it was a pretty good day, particularly for June. I am grateful.